This is an exciting discovery / creation. I love the taste of chai lattes but avoid them with the usual added sugars and dairy. This oatmeal is gluten-free, raw, and vegan, yet creamy, delicious, and satisfying. Perfect as the days get colder…
1/2 cup whole oat groats
1 Chai tea bag
Spices to taste (cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla extract etc.)
1-2 Dates (optional)
1. Soak oat groats overnight
2. In the morning, steep tea bag in one cup hot water, along with dates, if adding.
3. Rinse oat groats
4. Remove tea bag and blend all ingredients in blender or food processor until desired consistency. I blend mine until oat groats are a bit mashed but not completely pureed.
5. Top with cinnamon and add nut-milk if desired
6. Eat raw (for optimal nutrients) or heat up if desired.
Note: Oat groats are a gluten free whole grain, high in fiber, low in calories, and contain calcium and iron. You can find them in the health store, usually in the bins or the cereal section. If you can’t find them, get the next best thing, which is steel-cut oats.