One of my favorite drinks for winter is hot chocolate. One of my favorite drinks in general is chocolate milk. This recipe can be either (heat it up or don’t), and it’s literally two, simple, healthy ingredients with a multitude of possible variations (make it spicy, minty, mocha!)
My ratio of milk to cacao powder makes this a thick, luscious drink à la Mayan hot chocolate (like the beautiful concoction Vianne makes in Chocolat). Just add more milk if you prefer a thinner consistency.
- 1 cup almond or cashew milk
- 2 Tbsp cacao powder
- Natural sweetener to taste (I prefer 1-2 dates or 1 tsp maple syrup)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
For Mayan Hot Chocolate, add:
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
For Peppermint Hot Cocoa, add:
- 1-2 tsp peppermint extract
For Coffee-Flavored Mocha, add:
- 1 Tbsp Dandy Blend
- Blend all ingredients together.
- Drink cold/raw or heat stovetop to warm up on a chilly day.