Cupcakes with super sweet icing have been my weakness in the past. When I lived near Magnolia Bakery, we would skip dinner and just have huge slices of their vanilla cake with fluffy pink butter cream icing, the latter being my favorite part. While I’ll still indulge in such sugary delights from time-to-time, I love this recipe that uses whole foods and satisfies even a sweet tooth like mine…
- 3/4 cup raw cashews, soaked 2-4 hours and rinsed
- 2 Tbs coconut oil, melted
- 3 Tbs raw honey (not vegan) or date syrup (will be less sweet)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp sea salt (I use pink Himalayan sea salt)
- 2-4 Tbs water, as needed for blending
- Combine ingredients in a high-speed blender, and blend until smooth and creamy, adding water as necessary.
- Transfer to a bowl or piping bag and chill in the freezer for at least an hour, allowing icing to thicken.
- Spoon or pipe over treats (like pumpkin spice sweet potato muffins!)
- Serve immediately or keep frosted goodies refrigerated.
Recipe adapted from The Detoxinista