The best part about making a cake is licking the batter out of the bowl. These truffles taste just like that – minus any dairy, refined sugar, gluten, or guilt. The only challenge is to not eat them all at once.
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked 2-4 hours and rinsed
- 2/3 cup extra virgin coconut oil, melted
- 5 Tbsp liquid sweetener (I used raw honey – not vegan)
- 4 Tbsp coconut or almond milk, warmed
- 2 tsp vanilla or real vanilla powder
- 1/4 tsp pink Himalayan sea salt
- Combine ingredients in a blender until smooth and creamy.
- Pour mixture into a small bowl and place in freezer until firm enough to work with (about 30 minutes).
- Scoop small balls once the mixture is firm enough (but not too hard) and roll into balls.
- Roll in sprinkles.
- Place back in the freezer to fully firm. Serve chilled or slightly warmed to room temperature.
Recipe adapted from lunchboxbunch