This is one of my go-to dessert recipes—simple, chocolatey, and satisfying to even non-vegans / raw foodies. It’s a great raw dessert to share, as it’s one that holds its shape well, even when set out at room temperature for several hours.
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup dates
- 5 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 4 tablespoons shredded unsweetened coconut
- 2 tablespoons raw honey or maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp teaspoon Himalayan sea salt
- Place pecans alone in a food processor and process until they become small and crumbly.
- Add dates to the pecans and process again until the mixture sticks together and the dates are well processed.
- Add the remaining ingredients and process again until the mixture turns a delectable dark chocolate brown. Stop processing before it gets too buttery/oily. (There should still be air between the small bits so that you will be able to press them down into your brownie pan.)
- Press the mixture firmly into a brownie dish or small cake pan using your clean hands or a spatula.
- Refrigerate for a couple of hours to make it easier to slice.
- Store this raw brownie recipe in the refrigerator or freezer.
Recipe adapted from The Rawtarian