Summer is officially here! I’m craving cooler foods now, and this mint pea soup is one of my go-to’s, as it’s super simple, delicious and packed with good-for-you things, including lots of PROTEIN! This is my answer for those who say you don’t have time to make healthy food, as it probably takes ten minutes tops!
- 1 package frozen peas (approx 16 oz)
- 1 cup mint leaves (or more if you want it more minty)
- 2 cups water or coconut milk (add more depending on desired thickness)
- 1 avocado
- juice of 1-2 lemons or limes
- pinch of Himalayan pink salt
- black pepper to taste (optional)
- handful of greens (optional – spinach blends right in and you don’t even notice it, so why not?!)
- Throw all ingredients in blender and…blend!
- Top with some nuts or seeds for some added texture (I really like to do hemp seeds or sunflower seeds)
- Enjoy! (told you it was easy!)
Note: I usually let the peas thaw in the fridge overnight, but if you have a high-speed blender, frozen peas should be okay too.